The Bamboo Story
Bamboo Travel was born back in 2006 when founder Tim Milner, returning from a ‘flashpacking’ tour of Asia, decided to abandon his legal career and set up a business offering the individual style of trips that he enjoyed himself. The fledgling company started out offering bespoke arrangements in five Southeast Asian countries and China. Following a cricket match in 2008, Tim joined forces with Robin Ball, who at the time was managing the Far East department at another travel company, and together they opened Bamboo’s first Clapham office and added a further five countries to the portfolio. The new partnership quickly grew a reputation for innovation, and excellence, winning Wanderlust Magazine’s ‘Top Tour Operator’ award in 2011. Since then the Bamboo Team has grown and the company has flourished, winning further awards and expanding its horizons to cover over twenty destinations throughout Asia - whilst still maintaining the all-important focus on customer service levels and life enhancing experiences.
Bamboo Travel was set up to offer private tours of Asia for individuals eager to meet the people of the destination they travel in, become immersed in their culture and seek out genuinely authentic experiences. We aim to get to know our clients and their desires and to offer them a high quality product and an efficient, personal service. With our in-depth knowledge of the region we aim to deliver a genuinely interesting, high quality, Asian experience at a competitive price.
Our Hotel Styles
Our portfolio of accommodation includes boutique hotels with local character, lodges in spectacular locations, luxury resorts, quirky guesthouses, wildlife camps & authentic homestays. In towns and cities our “house” style of accommodation tends to be well-managed small hotels with favourable locations and designs that create a genuine “sense of place”. The vast majority of hotels we recommend have been inspected by a member of staff, and we are confident our first-hand knowledge adds value to any online reviews.
Why book with Bamboo Travel
- We are tailor-made travel specialists, focussing solely on Asia.
- We are an independently owned company.
- All our holidays come with full financial protection for your peace of mind. For further information on this please click on the ATOL and ABTOT tabs above.
- We are passionate about our destinations and we have first hand experience of each of the countries that we offer.
- We pioneer fresh, exciting holiday ideas with unique products in each of our chosen destinations.
- We provide expert advice on our destinations, and keep up to date with developments in each of these countries on a daily basis.
- We are committed to caring for our clients before, during and after travel and build relationships with our clients through friendly and personal service that we are able to offer as a specialist company. See our reviews at AITO, Feefo and Facebook.
- All our holidays are bespoke and we will do our utmost to accommodate your desires wherever possible.
Our Pricing Policy
We have included a number of sample itineraries on our website and each has been given a guide price which is based on a specific departure date and is subject to the availability of all the services. The prices shown are per person based on two people travelling together and sharing a twin or double room throughout. The GBP prices includes international flights to and from the UK, regional flights, accommodation, transfers and land transportation, guide, driver, entrance and boat fees and meals as described. The USD prices exclude international flights to and from Asia. The prices do not include visa fees, airport departure taxes, tips or any personal expenses.
We have not included prices elsewhere on the website as prices can vary enormously for bespoke itineraries. There are a number of factors which will influence the price of your itinerary. These include the number of clients travelling, the standard of hotels (we offer a variety of standards from Mid Range to Luxury), the season, the length of your trip, the cabin class and the airline used, the level of guiding required and the complexity of your itinerary. Once we have all your requirements we will be able to give you an accurate price for your bespoke itinerary.