Work for us
Asia Specialist needed!
We are currently looking for a new Asia Specialist to join our small team in Clapham. Details of the position are outlined below.
If you would like to be considered for the role please send us your CV, and a covering letter detailing why you would like to join Bamboo Travel and your travel experience to date, to email@example.com .
Bamboo Travel - Asia Specialist
As one of the country's leading specialists in travel to Asia, our aim is to arrange tailor-made tours of the highest calibre to Southeast Asia, China and beyond. We have been voted Top Tour Operator in the 2011, 2014, 2015 & 2017 Wanderlust Travel Awards, and runners up in 2012, 2013 & 2016, in recognition of our efforts. The company is run by a small and dedicated team of experienced travel professionals who offer unrivalled personal service, fuelled by a passion to create intelligent and innovative travel ideas for their expanding client base. We are now looking for an Asia Specialist to join our sales team to help the company grow to the next level.
The main tasks of the role include:
- Taking the initial enquiry from the client by phone, e-mail or face to face.
- Listening to and interpreting the clients' requests and making recommendations.
- Creating detailed tailor-made tour proposals using expert destination knowledge.
- Calculating quotations using airline contracts and supplier rates.
- Diligently following up on all proposals sent to clients.
- Building relationships with clients through dedicated personal service from initial enquiry to their return.
- Delivering an exceptional level of customer service.
- Ensuring all travel documentation is accurate before despatch.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with key suppliers overseas.
- Overseas research trips to expand knowledge and develop product.
The key skills and attributes required for the role include:
- A passion for the Far East.
- Extensive travel experience in the Far East - preferably 3 months minimum travelling in our key destinations which include Indochina, Borneo, Indonesia, Burma, China & Sri Lanka.
- Education to Graduate level strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the travel industry, preferably within a sales environment.
- Social skills to fit in with a small and friendly team environment.
- Excellent verbal, and written, communication skills & ability to listen and recall detail.
- An ability to work unaided using own initiative, to multi-task and to pay attention to detail.
- High level of numeracy and ability to problem solve.
- Desire to work in a dynamic young company.
The role comes with a competitive salary (£20-£25K, dependent on experience), a sales incentive scheme and an annual company bonus.
Although this is primarily a sales role there will be many opportunities to assist in other areas of the business, and gain a lateral knowledge and experience of the travel industry. The role comes with the opportunity for extensive overseas travel to destinations within Asia to build on current knowledge, and forge new paths in travel.
Our office is based a few minutes' walk from Clapham Common, which is a convenient and fun location to work in.